PALATINE POLICE DEPARTMENT
An ON-CALL SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD
The Village of Palatine Police Department is seeking a part-time on-call School Crossing Guard. This position is used to fill in for the regular Crossing Guards on an as-needed basis. Applicants must be dependable, available on short notice, and have reliable transportation. Hours will range anywhere from 0-4 hours per day. This position pays $13.18 per hour and requires a High School diploma. Training and equipment will be provided. A School Crossing Guard is a designated adult civilian who supervises and expedites the crossing of school children at hazardous or congested traffic points.
Basic responsibilities include the following:
· Supervise the safe crossing of school children at crossing points which are established by the Police Department
· Encourage safety consciousness in pedestrians and motorists by demonstrating safety practices
· Deter children from committing unlawful or unsafe acts at such crossings
· Informing motorists, through appropriate signals, that pedestrians are using or about to use the crossing, and have the right of way
· Observe and report conditions or incidents that are detrimental to safety, including violations of traffic laws or regulations
Interested individuals are encouraged to apply online at www.palatine.il.us by clicking on the "Employment" tab at the top of the page. Applications can be scanned and emailed to Commander Craig Lesselyoung at email@example.com or they can be dropped off at the front desk of the Palatine Police Department. Blank application forms can also be picked up at the Police Department's front desk. The Village of Palatine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position will remain open until filled.
Link to the application can be found here: