The Palatine Fire Department is currently accepting applications for the position of firefighter.
Applications are available at recruitment.iosolutions.org until July 24, 2015. The application deadline is July 24, 2015 at 2:00 p.m.. You must meet the following requirements:
- $40.00 non-refundable application fee
- At least 21 years of age and less than 35 years of age as of July 24, 2015. Limitations not applicable if exempt according to Illinois statute
- Must have primary residence in Illinois prior to appointment as a probationary firefighter
- Applicant must possess an Illinois Driver's License prior to appointment as a probationary firefighter (not required to apply for the position)
- Completion of at least 60 semester hours of college credit and/or evidence of OSFM equivalent training or experience, acceptable to the Village of Palatine Fire and Police Commission (detailed information found at recruitment.iosolutions.org)
- Must hold EMT-B, EMT-I or EMT-P license (nationally or IDPH licensed) at time of application. Must hold Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) EMT license at time of hire.
- Applicant must have 20-20 vision, or corrected to 20-40
- Excellent physical health and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job, as the candidate will be required to pass a medical evaluation at such time a job offer may be extended
- The Firefighter Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and the ladder Climb Exercise must be successfully completed between the dates of August 22, 2014 and August 22, 2015. CPAT/Ladder Climb testing centers:
--NIPSTA (Northeastern Illinois Public Safety Training Academy) Glenview, IL - www.nipsta.org or 847-998-8090
--SUFD (Southwest United Fire Districts) Darien, IL - www.sufd.org or 708-579-2064
Preference points will be awarded for Military service, paramedic certification, and graduation from an approved academy and/or firefighting experience.
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Written Exam/Orientation Information:
Saturday, August 22, 2015
Harper College, Building "D"
1200 W. Algonquin Rd.
Palatine, IL 60067
You are required to arrive at the testing location no later than 8:00 a.m. with photo identification (valid driver's license or State ID) to sign-in. NO LATE ADMITTANCE.