POLICE DEPARTMENT IS TESTING FOR
The Village of Palatine seeks qualified applicants for the position of Police Officer.
-Current starting salary is $67,163 with merit increases to $93,683 after 6 years of service
-Outstanding fringe benefits and pension program
Applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Must be between 21 and 34 years of age
- Education: Bachelor's Degree from accredited 4-year college
- Vision 20-40 both eyes corrected/uncorrected
Applications may be obtained from the link below, or at Palatine Police Headquarters, 595 N. Hicks Rd, Palatine, IL. The application deadline is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, June 12, 2015. The written examination will be conducted by the Fire and Police Commission on Saturday, June 20, 2015, at 8:00 a.m. at Fremd High School, 1000 S. Quentin Rd. The Physical Ability Test will be conducted at 1:00 p.m. the same day at the Palatine Police Department, 595 N. Hicks Rd.
THE VILLAGE OF PALATINE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ON - CALL SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD
The Village Palatine Police Department is seeking a part-time on-call School Crossing Guard. This position is used to fill in for regular Crossing Guards on an as-needed basis. Applicants must be dependable, available on short notice, and have reliable transportation. Hours will range from 0-4 hours per day. This position pays $12.86 per hour and requires a High School diploma. Traning and equipment will be provided. A School Crossing Guard is a designated adult civilian who supervises and expedites the crossing of school children at hazardous or congested traffic points.
Basic responsibilities include the following:
-Supervise the safe crossing of school children at crossing points which are established by the Police Department.
- Encourage safety consciousness in pedestrians and motorists by demonstrating safety practices
- Deter children from committing unlawful or unsafe acts at such crossings
- Informing motorists, through appropriate signals, that pedestrians are using or about to use the crossing, and have the right of way
- Observe and report conditions or incidents that are detrimental to safety, including violations of traffic laws or regulations
Interested candidates may obtain an application through the link below. Completed applications may be scanned and emailed to Commander Mike Seebacher at firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be dropped off at the front desk of the Palatine Police Department. Blank application forms can also be picked up at the Police Department's front desk. The Village of Palatine is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position will remain open until filled.